You are here
The latest release of macOS was issued in September and users may be prompted to upgrade. Computing Support aims to ensure that all services are available from the latest releases of the mainstream operating systems available to users in the school. This page will be used to publish information about issues uncovered in testing and from outside sources. If you have any problems with macOS Sierra please let support know using the usual form.
- SSH - there may be issues with ssh caching credentials in the keychain without giving any clear indication as to where, or how to remove them again. More details when we've checked reports. See https://openradar.appspot.com/28394826
- Printing - seems to work in the same way as previously.
- AFS and Kerberos - we recommend the Auristor client and a version for Sierra is available from their website. This seems to work as with previous macOS releases. Please note the following item.
- Firewall - we have an, as yet, unverified report that installing Auristor may unset some of the firewall security settings. Please do ensure your firewall is configured properly.
- Backups - Our current version of TiBS DOES NOT SUPPORT Sierra. DO NOT upgrade to Sierra if you wish to backup your machine using TiBS. We plan on upgrading to a version of TiBS which supports Sierra early in 2017.
- If you are running wireless and are used to plugging in to wired ethernet and having the LAN take priority you may find the behaviour has changed. This is relevant e.g. if you are plugging in to get access to printing. Apple have a support page on how to, " Change the order of the network ports your computer uses to connect".